As we age, cell turnover slows down. Exfoliating skin encourages new cell growth. Historically, people used sand to physically abrade or exfoliate their skin. Today, people have three proven options for removing surface skin cells:
1) Physical exfoliators — cleansers, scrubs, manual microderm, loofahs, exfoliating gloves, etc.
2) Chemical exfoliators — alpha & beta hydroxy acids (glycolic, lactic, salicylic), TCA, phenol, etc.
3) Mechanical exfoliators — microdermabrasion, brush machines, etc.
Scrubs provide a valuable contribution to achieving healthy skin. Scrubs have abrasive particles that remove dead, dry cells on the top layer of skin. For best results, keep your scrub in the shower and use it two to three times every week. Using our carefully created scrubs delivers excellent benefits:
• encourages cell turnover at the lower layers
• performs deep cleansing & removes of excess oil
• massages skin to improve circulation
• polishes and softens skin
• evens skin tone